ASCENT-ials Clean Eating Approach
Clean eating brings a whole new lifestyle to the table for most people. The benefits of eating clean are clear, as you will clean out your system and eat simply the good stuff for your body. The great part about this method of eating compared to IIFYM (Macro Counting) is that you won’t have to count your calories. What you eat in portions are designed to fit in the palm of your hand. Before you go any further, check out the below bullet points to decide if this is a route you can change your lifestyle to. Not bad, really, not bad at all!
- Eat six times each day, three meals and two – three snacks
- Use portion control. One handful or fist-sized protein, one handful or fist-sized carbohydrate, and limitless vegetables!
- Balance your meals. Make sure you have a protein (lean meats, poultry, fish, or even eggs), a carbohydrate (whole grains or fruit), and as many vegetables as possible in every meal.
- Consume a cleansing smoothie every day. Remember, this satisfies the “raw” ingredient.
- Consume three “raw” vegetable or nut components every day. Don’t cook it, steam it, fry it, grill it, or boil it!
- STRICTLY LIMIT PROCESSED FOODS! Don’t eat anything that comes in a can, or has a bunch of ingredients you can’t pronounce.
- Consume all natural sugars, but not too many. Think agave.
- Consume whole grains, not the white stuff. Quinoa, whole grain bread, whole grain pasta, brown rice, etc.
- Limit dairy to ten servings per week. Use these any way you want…in your coffee, on your salad, whatever.
- Consume organic and or free-range lean meat and poultry.
Make ASCENT-ials Clean Eating Your Lifestyle
Our focus at ASCENT is to provide members and clients with a healthy lifestyle for the long-term. This includes an awesome workout experience for every level of fitness participant, as well as the nutritional guidance to reach goals. No matter your goal – weight loss, building muscle, running distance – appropriate nutrition fuels the body, so you can kick butt in the gym, or while running outside, ice skating, walking to the bar…whatever!
The ASCENT-ials Clean Eating Approach, approved by a registered dietitian, is all about good nutrition. No rush, this is a life-long habit worth having.
Benefits of Clean Eating
The ASCENT-ials Clean Eating Approach is all about eating the most natural, unprocessed, nutrient rich, and healthful foods. Clean eating can be taken to the extreme by eating 100% raw, and extremists only eat what they can grow themselves. That’s not possible for most people.
The ASCENT-ials Clean Eating Approach offers benefits of clean eating, such as weight loss, increased energy, stabilized mood, and healthy skin, hair, and eyes. This plan will aid in an overall sense of liveliness without leaving you feeling overwhelmed by what to eat or not to eat.
The ASCENT-ials Clean Eating Approach promotes weight loss by jumpstarting your metabolism, while getting you vitamins, minerals, proteins, carbs, natural sugars, and all the other necessary nutrients the body needs to keep calories in check.